Volkswagen Dash Light Meanings
Have you noticed a new light pop up on your dashboard in Atlantic City? You may be wondering about the Volkswagen dash light meanings, like the master warning light. Fortunately, the team at Atlantic Volkswagen has you covered with our handy guide to the Volkswagen dash light meanings.
Your Guide to Volkswagen Dashboard Lights
- ABS – When this light is illuminated yellow, it indicates a malfunction with the antilock brake system. The brake warning light will also be illuminated.
- AdBlue® Level Warning – This yellow light lets you know when you need to refill the AdBlue® tank or there is a system malfunction.
- AdBlue® No Restart Warning – If you see this light in red, there is not enough AdBlue® or the system is not functioning properly. You will not be able to restart the vehicle. ]
- Airbag Problem – This light in yellow lets you know that the passenger airbags are deactivated or there is a problem with the airbag or belt pretensioning system.
- Battery Error – Alternator Low Voltage Output – When you see this red light, it means that there is a battery charging system failure.
- Automatic Transmission Malfunction – This yellow error code is a sign that your vehicle needs to be looked at by a VW service center.
- Brake Light Bulb Failure – This yellow light on your dashboard tells you if one or more of your brake lights have burned out.
- Brake Pad Wear – When this yellow light comes on, it is time to inspect your brake pads.
- Coolant Level Low/Coolant Temperature High – When you see this red light, it is very important to check your coolant level. You will also hear an audible warning.
- Daytime Running Lights – This green dashboard light simply lets you know that your daytime running lights are on.
- Direct Shift Gearbox Transmission Too Hot – When you see this red light, stop and pull over as soon as possible. The transmission will need to cool with the gear shift in park.
- Parking Brake – A red parking brake light indicates a parking brake error. You will want to consult your owner’s manual for details.
- Engine Malfunction – What happens when the master warning light comes on? A yellow engine emission malfunction dashboard light means your vehicle should be looked at by a professional as soon as possible.
- EPC Light – The yellow EPC light makes you aware of an engine malfunction that will likely need VW service.
- ESP/ASR – If this light is solid yellow, it is letting you know that the Electronic Stabilization Program/Anti-Slip Regulation system is inactive. If the light is flashing yellow, it is indicating an ESP/ASR event. Contact Atlantic Volkswagen for more information.
- Fuel Cap Off or Missing – This yellow light will tell you if your fuel cap is missing or not properly secured.
- Hood Open – When this red indicator light pops on, stop driving as soon as possible. It is a sign that your hood is open or not closed securely.
- Immobilizer – What does this yellow light signal? The key being used is not the correct key or it has not yet been adapted to the vehicle.
- Low Fuel Level – Along with an audible warning, this yellow light tells you it’s time to refuel.
- Oil Pressure – When you see a red oil can light and the yellow pressure warning light, stop when it is safe to do so and turn the engine off. It is a sign there is no oil pressure.
- Oil Level Low – When this yellow light is on, check the oil level. If this issue is the oil sensor, bring your vehicle in for service.
- Tire Pressure Low – This yellow symbol lets you know when your tire pressure is not at the recommended level. If it is a sign of a system failure, an audible warning will also sound.
Visit Atlantic Volkswagen for Expert Car Care
If you need to have your vehicle looked at by a professional, or you have questions about vehicle maintenance, contact the team at Atlantic Volkswagen, or set up an appointment at your earliest convenience. We want to make sure your vehicle is running smoothly and safely as long as possible.
More from Atlantic Volkswagen
Who wouldn’t want to be seen driving around Atlantic City in a brand-new white Volkswagen Jetta? Is white not really your color? That’s OK! There are eight brilliant Volkswagen Jetta colors to choose from for the 2021 model year, ranging from Silk Blue Metallic to Tornado Red. And that’s just the exterior color options! The interior…
There’s no better feeling than customizing your VW vehicle with auto Volkswagen accessories. This is the best way to express yourself and make the Volkswagen model a representation of you on the roads of Atlantic City. At Atlantic Volkswagen, our parts department has tons of Volkswagen accessories like Volkswagen Jetta rims and other items to enhance…
The 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 is one of the most unique SUV vehicles you’ll find on the roads of Vineland today. The ID.4 is an electric vehicle that still has that familiar punch and prowess SUV enthusiasts look for. The 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 configurations have been advanced and improved for more reliability on the roads…